The following diagram and steps give an overview of the connection process , ports required and the various Netscaler IP’s used in the process.
- The user points the browser to ie. https://citrix.wilkyit.com
- NetScaler Gateway retrieves the logon page and display it to the users browser (VIP Address of the Netscaler Gatewat)
- User enters credentials into the Login Page and clicks log in (Authentication via LDAP)
- NetScaler Gateway forwards the HTTP-POST credentials to StoreFront
- Storefront takes the credentials and negotiates with the XML Service.
- The XML Service returns the list of applications to the Storefront page.
- Storefront constructs the appropriate page and responds to NetScaler Gateway
- NetScaler Gateway forwards the HTTP-POST credentials to Storefront.
- NetScaler Gateway returns the resultant page to the user.
- The user clicks an application, and launches the Citrix Receiver
- NetScaler Gateway receives an STA ticket from the Citrix Receiver to validate.
- NetScaler Gateway presents the STA ticket to the STA server.
- If the STA authorizes the ticket, NetScaler Gateway consults the ICA Access Control List (ACL) to validate whether the incoming ICA connection conforms with the listed ACLs
- Session is Launched & Application/Desktop Accessible