Essentially yes, it is supported.
As per the following Microsoft KB – the following can be extracted although earlier in the same KB it say it’s not supported but it is believe to only relate to older clients:-
Outlook 2010 or later versions hosted remotely by using Windows Server 2008 R2 or later Remote Desktop Session Host (RDSH) or Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) configuration
Outlook 2010 or later versions functionality is supported when networked .pst or .ost files are used under the following conditions:
- A high bandwidth/low latency network connection is used.
- There is single client access per file (one Outlook client per .pst or .ost).
- Either Windows Server 2008 R2 or later Remote Desktop Session Host (RDSH), or Windows Server 2008 R2 or later Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) is used to run Outlook remotely.
Conclusions from this statement
- High Bandwidth\Low Latency – would be more towards data centre provided storage
- Assumed PST is prevented anyway in Citrix Environment, but only one mailbox OST can be accessed per User. So Outlook with 2 mailbox’s is only supporting one mailbox, others may work but essentially any performance issues will call out that only one should be attached